Thursday, February 6, 2014

Balance



Everything in my life seemed like it was all in a row and I thought that I should be feeling fullfilled and centered, but there was still something missing.

I have come to terms with my financial status....broke...I've finally made it a priority to pay bills first before going out to dinner or buying something new like a sweater or pair of jeans that I've been dying to have but really don't need. It's taken awhile to learn this. 

I have a great home, good job and amazing family, friends and relationship.

I'm in good health (after a horrible bout of food poisoning on my 30th birthday, poison ivy on Christmas Eve and the flu over New Years) Yeah! It was bad run, but I'm better now!

So why was there still a hole in my heart?

I'm feeling better. I'm more financially aware. I exercise. I'm loved. I'm happy.

I spend my days thoroughly enjoying nature, walking with my dog, making art, writing, enjoying company of loved ones, laughing, pampering, and always smiling.

I just kept going on with my days feeling content but not fulfilled. I had no connection within myself after exerting my energy in all different directions day after day.

I thought I knew the answer but I didn't fully believe that it could fill in the empty space.

So I ignored it.

The answer is yoga and mediation.  I haven't been practicing at all. I haven't taken time to slow down, go inward, unwind or listen to my inner voice.

I read this quote and it changed my outlook.

Ego says; "Once everything falls into place, I will find peace"
Spirit says; "Find peace and everything will fall into place."

Everything seemed to be in its place for me.

But expected I would naturally feel in control of the longing in my heart. 

The longing to be in touch with my soul, my passions and inspirations. 

I thought I'd feel peace now that things were good in my life. 

But I didn't.

About 2 weeks ago I finally got down on my yoga mat for a series of sun salutations, stretches and mediation.

Just the ten minutes that day was EXACTLY what I needed.

To tend to my heart, my breath, to reflect and feel at ease.

I've now made it a point to go inward everyday.  Whether it be 2 mins or 20, anytime amount of time is important to me. Anytime of the day is good and if I happen to miss a day, I don't beat myself up over it, I just know the tool is always there for me. For that realization, I'm thankful.

I have practiced yoga and meditation throughout my life and know about its amazing benefits and it is the key to keeping balance. Sometimes I need a reminder of that.

I will continue making this a part of my everyday life.

I have found peace and now even more great things are falling into place!

"An attitude of gratitude brings opportunities." -Yogi tea


-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment